The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine, 3rd Edition
More than 2,400 full-color photographs help clinicians visually diagnose the conditions and diseases most often encountered in clinical practice.
The 3rd edition of The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine covers the full scope of family medicine, with more than 2,400 full-color photographs depicting classic and unusual appearances of common diseases most often seen in daily clinical practice. This unique atlas is organized by the way patients present, so it is perfect for the busy clinician.
The superb collection of clinical images is supported by concise, evidence-based treatment recommendations presented in convenient, easy-to-apply bulleted text. Each chapter begins with a story that ties the photographs to real-life patients. Coverage for each condition includes: Patient Story, Epidemiology, Etiology and Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Differential Diagnosis, and Management.
• Includes pediatric and adult conditions
• Insightful legends with each photograph provide diagnostic pearls to enhance your clinical observational skills
• Special sections on women’s health, physical/sexual abuse, and substance abuse
Essential to family physicians and all healthcare providers involved in primary care, The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine, will also prove valuable to medical students, residents, internists, pediatricians, and dermatologists.
This new edition has:
• New chapters on Mental Health, the Opioid Crisis, Dementia, Sports-related Head Injury, and LGBT health issues
• New chapter on Zika, Ebola, and Other Emerging Infections supplement the insights in the Global Health chapter.
• New Foundations of Dermatology section containing new chapters on dermoscopy, dermatology terminology, topical and intralesional steroids, and biopsy principles and techniques
• Management section is now divided into first- and second-line therapies
• New appendix on “Chronic Pain” to help manage this ubiquitous problem.