Download this app from:
Ma and Mateer’s Emergency Ultrasound has been the definitive text for clinicians since it was first published. Now updated with new chapters, expanded coverage, and new video, this generously illustrated guide covers the training, techniques, and skills for successfully applying point-of-care ultrasound, with a special emphasis on clinical issues commonly encountered in the emergency or acute care settings.
• Well-organized chapters address:
• Clinical considerations and indications
• Anatomical considerations
• Common abnormalities
• Video cases
• Coverage of trauma, cardiac, critical care, pulmonary, hepatobiliary, renal, testicular, and other ultrasound applications
• Expanded chapters on cardiac and musculoskeletal ultrasound
• Useful measurements and quantitative references throughout
• Side-by-side comparisons of normal and abnormal scans
• New chapters on resuscitation of the critically ill and regional anesthesia
• Videos easily accessed via QR codes
• More than 800 photos and illustrations
• With consistent chapter organization that makes it easy to find the answers you need, this peerless text serves as an essential roadmap and reference to point-of-care ultrasound.
This app is very intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The powerful search tool gives you word suggestions that appear in the text as you type, so it is lightning fast and helps with spelling those long medical terms. The search tool also keeps a recent history of past search terms so you can go back to a previous search result very easily. You have the ability to create notes and bookmarks separately for text, images and tables to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
After the app has been downloaded, no internet connection is needed to retrieve the content of the app. All of the text and images are available to you on your device anytime, anywhere, and lightning fast. This app is also automatically optimized for whatever size device you are currently using, either phone or tablet.
This interactive app contains the full content of Ma and Mateer’s Emergency Ultrasound, 4th Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
O. John Ma, MD
James R. Mateer, MD, RDMS
Robert F. Reardon, MD
Donald V. Byars, MD, RDMS, RDCS, RPVI, RMSK
Barry J. Knapp, MD
Andrew P. Laudenbach, MD
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer