Download this app from:
Pharmacotherapy Principles & Practice uses a solid evidence-based approach to teach you how to design, implement, monitor, and evaluate medication therapy. Updated with additional content and reflecting the latest findings, this sixth edition provides everything you need to gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying principles of the pharmacotherapy of disease―and their practical application. All chapters were written or reviewed by pharmacists, nurse practitioners, physician assists, and physicians recognized by authorities in their fields.
The Sixth Edition opens with an insightful introductory chapter and is followed by five chapters focused on specific populations: pediatrics, geriatrics, palliative care, critical care, and global health and travel medicine. The subsequent 97 disease-based chapters cover epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation and diagnosis, and nonpharmacologic therapy, followed by clear recommendations for medication selection, desired outcomes, dosing, and patient monitoring.
• Updated patient encounter cases sharpen critical-thinking skills and lend clinical relevant to scientific principles
• New chapters cover: Critical care pharmacotherapy, Global health and travel medicine, Systematic lupus erythematous, Nose, mouth, and throat disorders
• New content on circulatory shock syndromes, trauma-related anxiety disorder, otic disorders, and antimicrobial stewardship
• Structured learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter
• Key concepts, identified by icons, highlight the disease, patient assessment, and treatment
• Patient care process section modeling the Joint Commission of Pharmacy Practitioners (JCCP) Pharmacists’ Patient Care Process
• Up-to-date literature citations for each chapter
• Table, figures, algorithms, and defined medical abbreviations
• Self-assessment questions and answers in the Online Learning Center
• Valuable table of common laboratory tests and reference ranges
This app is very intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The powerful search tool gives you word suggestions that appear in the text as you type, so it is lightning fast and helps with spelling those long medical terms. The search tool also keeps a recent history of past search terms so you can go back to a previous search result very easily. You have the ability to create notes and bookmarks separately for chapters, figures, and tables to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
After the app has been downloaded, no internet connection is needed to retrieve the content of the app. All of the text and images are available to you on your device anytime, anywhere, and lightning fast. This app is also automatically optimized for whatever size device you are currently using, either phone or tablet.
This interactive app contains the full content of Pharmacotherapy Principles and Practice, Sixth Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Marie A. Chisholm-Burns, PharmD, PhD MPH, MBA, FCCP, FASHP, FAST,
Terry L. Schwinghammer, PharmD,
Patrick M. Malone, PharmD, FASHP,
Jill M. Kolesar, PharmD, MS, FCCP, BCPS,
Kelly C. Lee, PharmD, MAS, FCCP, BCPP,
P. Brandon Bookstaver, PharmD, FCCP, FIDSA,
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer