The long-awaited new edition of the world’s most widely used and highly regarded textbook and reference of emergency medicine
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine is THE essential resource for everyone working in, and teaching emergency medicine. The Ninth Edition provides the depth and breadth of coverage that reflects the complexity and expertise needed to practice emergency medicine in today’s fast-paced environments. This comprehensive text is an important clinical resource for physicians, residents and students, advance practice providers, emergency nurses, EMTs, and paramedics. It is a necessary resource for in-training and board examinations, and recertification.
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine covers everything from prehospital care, disaster preparedness, and basic and advanced resuscitative techniques, to all the significant medical, traumatic, and environmental conditions requiring emergency treatment in adults, children and neonates.
Highlights of the Ninth Edition:
• Full-color design with more tables than ever to succinctly present key information
• Extensive updates to all sections, incorporating the latest clinical and evidence-based information
• Online access to over 100 videos, covering a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and POCUS for obstetric/gynecologic, pediatric, musculoskeletal, and vascular conditions
• World-class pediatric section on the care of neonates, infants, and children
• Expanded chapters on the management of gynecologic and obstetric conditions and emergencies
• Updated information on toxicologic and environmental emergencies
• Contemporary, concise discussion of ED identification and treatment of opioid use disorders
• Updated information on procedural sedation
• Expert advice on the management and care of transgender patients
• Latest information available on neurologic and cardiac emergencies
This app is very intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The powerful search tool gives you word suggestions that appear in the text as you type, so it is lightning fast and helps with spelling those long medical terms. The search tool also keeps a recent history of past search terms so you can go back to a previous search result very easily. You have the ability to create notes and bookmarks separately for text, images and tables to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
After the app has been downloaded, no internet connection is needed to retrieve the content of the app. All of the text and images are available to you on your device anytime, anywhere, and lightning fast. This app is also automatically optimized for whatever size device you are currently using, either phone or tablet.
This interactive app contains the full content of Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, 9th edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Judith E. Tintinalli, MD, MS
O. John Ma, MD
Donald M. Yealy, MD
Garth D. Meckler, MD, MSHS
Joseph Stephan Stapczynski, MD
David M. Cline, MD
Stephen H. Thomas, MD, MPH
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer